I wonder if we could do a survey of readers from underrepresented groups.
Even if a group is underrepresented as editors that doesn't mean they ate
underrepresented as readers (for example women) (plus survey results could
be cited in potential deletion discussions)

We may want to think about the WMF giving grants organizations that are
doing research into the history and sociology etc. of these groups, so that
the body of citable evidence becomes greater.