Hi, Mike.

For an answer to your question about the name, please see this
conversation[1] on Meta. Our board is active answering questions on wiki
and not on mailing lists, so I encourage you to post questions to the Wiki
Education Foundation board on Meta.

Hope that answers it for you,
Jami

[1] See
https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Talk:Wiki_Education_Foundation#Organization_Name

On Thu, Feb 13, 2014 at 2:01 PM, Michael Peel <em...@mikepeel.net> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Frank, congratulations on the new job. :-) Can I ask for a clarification
> on the funding situation please?
>
> > (1) WMF grant money
> >
> > The Wiki Education Foundation received a grant to get things off the
> ground
> > last year as part of the Projects and Events Grants process. The Wiki
> > Education Foundation has already reached out to a major donor in the
> United
> > States and is confident to get third-party funding in place by the second
> > quarter of this year.
>
> Are you anticipating that direct donors will be able to support all of
> WEF's future funding needs, or might you be applying to GAC or FDC for
> funding in the future?
>
> I'd also like to echo Andy's question:
> > ...why isn't this called "The Wiki Education North America
> > Foundation,", or suchlike?
>
> as that would seem to be a more natural name for the organisation (unless
> it has international intentions?), and would help avoid the confusion
> between 'WEF' and 'WMF'.
>
> Also, as a general question to those involved, the announcement Q&A says:
> "He was chosen by the Board of the Wiki Education Foundation in a process
> that began in late 2013 and concluded in February 2014." Please could more
> details of that process be shared? What was the process, how was it
> structured, and who was involved in it?
>
> Thanks,
> Mike

Jami Mathewson
Program Manager
Wiki Education Foundation
j...@wikiedfoundation.org
User:Jami (Wiki Ed) <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Jami_(Wiki_Ed)>
@WikiEducation <https://twitter.com/WikiEducation>

*Our organization supports the Wikipedia Education Program in the United
States and Canada.*