The WP 1.0 model is pretty good (at least across a sample of a hundred or
so articles) but it's quite labour-intensive. It's also very easy to give
completely misleading answers, because there's no re-review process - in
the bulk of cases, articles get rated once and then never looked at again.
So we have stub articles which are 10,000 characters long with diagrams and
references and so forth, because no-one ever remembers to re-rate it or
indeed because people think it's not their business to.

As a result, a recently rated set of articles is a meaningful result, but a
selection of already-rated articles isn't - there's simply no way to tell
if they're stale.

It would be great if this sort of rating was being systematically checked -
but at a vague estimate of thirty seconds to scan, grade, and tag,
aggregated across all pages on enwiki, that's about fifteen or twenty
person-years of work to do it as a once-off, much less a rolling process.

Andrew.

- Andrew Gray
andrew.g...@dunelm.org.uk