Hi everyone,

Just to share what we do at Wikimedia France.

Employees are allowed to edit Wikimedia Projects from personnal
accounts. When they do as Wikimedia France employees, they use their
"professional" accounts, that stays they're employed by WMFr.

We do not look at what they do on their personal time with their
personal account. The Wikimedia Project policies are there to prevent
any bad behavior.

We believe our role is to empower our local community. To help it
meet-up, conceive projects and run projects. We want our employees to
support local volunteers. If we want them to do that efficiently, we
need them to understand what editing Wikimedia projects means.

Moreover, I don't know how it is in other countries, but in France, as
an employer, it is really hard to forbid an employee to do a specific
activity on their free time.

Best,
--
Christophe