> [Calling] when you ask for a huge chunk of hardware [and] someone
> dares to ask what you plan to do with it, once you get it for free ...
> censorship is trolling

I was not complaining about the question, I was sincerely complaining
about the answer. We need Foundation staff with the capability to
recognize the value of contributors' work without stalling them or
giving them the runaround. We need to be as respectful of our
colleagues' time as we expect them to be of ours.

To prove my sincerity, I offer to pay the full cost of the 24 TB
equipment and installation, reserving the right to pass the hat, if
and only if the Foundation matches my donation by surveying
contributors' opinions about new and existing strategic goals for
improving participation and providing the headcount and resources to
develop accuracy review:
http://strategy.wikimedia.org/wiki/Proposal:Develop_systems_for_accuracy_review

Is that a fair deal?

Best regards,