On 03/08/2014, Richard Farmbrough <rich...@farmbrough.co.uk> wrote:
> I have to say that there is an unnecessary lack of transparency which seems
> to get worse.  In or around May 2012 I emailed the audit committee on EN:WP
> to ask about checkuser run on my account and got a polite and informative
> reply.   In or around May 2014 an identically worded query got a polite
> refusal.

Thanks for sharing this Richard. This compares with my experience only
ten days ago on Commons asking for basic transparency for CUs that may
have been run against me
<https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Commons_talk:Requests_for_checkuser#Transparency>
- I have yet to receive any information.

As mentioned there, Wikimania will justifiably be absorbing many
active volunteers' positive energies in the coming week, including
mine, as I'll be wearing a red shirt too; so I will be taking this up
again for the benefit of Commons contributors only after the
conference. Perhaps we should compare notes at that time so that we
take similar actions to help capture a wider community consensus for
what is required in terms of transparency when CU rights are exercised
on our main projects.

PS Wikipedians may not have noticed my question to all AUSC candidates
about this, there were pretty positive noises in favour of improved
transparency. See
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Arbitration_Committee/Audit_Subcommittee/2014_appointments

Fae
--
fae...@gmail.com http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/User:Fae
Despite rumour to the contrary I am a Wikipedian