> On Aug 11, 2014, at 7:13 PM, Todd Allen <toddmal...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> like suppression, it should be
> used only by stewards and community approved functionaries.

I'm confused. Are you suggesting that suppression is not used by staff?

Super protection can be used by staff, and was. Suppression can be used by
staff as well, and regularly is. (For instance, if legal were to ask me to
suppress an edit, under court order). It (suppression) is not a tool we use
without careful consideration, but it is one we use. I should think the same
would be true of superprotection- it's not to be used lightly but it is a tool
in our belt.

Philippe