Wikimedia ch is doing a big investment in supporting communities.

There are three community liaisons (a third hired recently) to support the
three national languages which are also within the biggest linguistic
communities.

Anyway there is not a unique solution to be adapted easily in user
retention and recruiting because the world is varioius as it is the life.

Regards