Hello all,

I did a couple if simple tests on MediaWiki on Flow pages with often
occurring edits. The tests failed.

I am an admin on Commons, and I regularly have to remove an image on a talk
page because it is for example a violation of copyright. I see no way to
remove the copyright violation from the message.

Another thing I tried is the removal of a personal attack or a privacy
issue. It is common on nl-wiki to remove a personal attack out of a message
and replacing it by a template which says what happened. This is impossible
to do.

If a template is changed, its parameters on the various places where the
template is added need to be changed as well. This is done by hand or with
a bot (like AWB), both ways seems impossible with flow.

If someone added a message to the wrong page, it is relocated to another
talk page. Seems impossible to do here. If a message is considered to be
inappropriate for a certain page, it is relocated, seems impossible with
Flow.

Another thing I noticed is that I can't get a complete overview of all
messages added to a certain talk page. After 10 messages, everything is
hidden. A quick ctrl + F is impossible. When I know there was a discussion
about a specific thing, I want to check the talk page easily by searching
it completely, not possible. It is very annoying that I can't get a
complete overview of all messages on a talk page, this is a basic need!

As I read on mw:Flow: "to make the wiki discussion system more efficient
for experienced users" (as goal of Flow)
I get it! By making normal things impossible to do, the experienced users
have indeed less work...

For the rest I have seen no way why this method is more efficient for
experienced users, as it is not.

So, there is flow, and instead of the community can work with it as it
needs to work with, it does not flow but got stuck...

To answer the question, To Flow or not to Flow, it does not flow. I am not
able to do simple edits which are done every day.

Romaine