On Sat, Sep 6, 2014 at 10:03 PM, Pine W <wiki.p...@gmail.com> wrote:

> rik, I appreciate your engaging with this *early* enough for design
> decisions to be adjusted before Flow gets to major rollouts.
>
> Romaine, if the Dutch uses of features like templates are not being taken
> into account in how features are designed, I suggest contacting the
> Engineering community liaisons to make your needs known. I'm also sending
> this email to Rachel so she can consider having one of her employees reach
> out to you and the Dutch Wikipedia community.
>
> Pine

Thanks for the initiative Pine. Romaine and I know each other and spent a
great deal of last July talking about template usage on the Dutch Wikipedia
in the context of VisualEditor :) . I'm not on the Flow team (I don't work
with VE anymore either) so I can't speak for experience there, but I do
know that thanks to Romaine's advocacy within the community and to me that
VisualEditor was never enabled by default on the Dutch Wikipedia. This
occurred because of consideration of the special-use case that community
has built with templates. It was intense time for sure, but the right
decision was certainly made as far as the Dutch Wikipedia goes.

--
Keegan Peterzell
Community Liaison, Product