Sadly, uploading images to Commons is as slow as ever, even with HHVM. :-( I
often find that it takes a couple of minutes to upload a single photo, most of
which is server-side delays rather than file upload time. I’m guessing that
it’s something other than the PHP processor that’s causing this slow-down,
though.

Thanks,
Mike