Hi everyone,

As our new Vice President of Engineering, Damon Sicore, just announced in
his longer email to Wikimedia-l he will be having his first IRC Office
hours on Thursday, October 9th, at 20:00 UTC (13:00 PDT). This hour long
office hour is a chance to meet the new VPE and ask your burning questions.

The office hour will be held in #Wikimedia-office on the Freenode network.
You can find information on how to get online, including a link to a
webchat option if you don't have an IRC client, on the meta office hours
page <https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/IRC_office_hours#How_to_participate>.
You can also find a time converter for the start of the hour at
http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?hour=20&min=00&sec=0&day=09&month=10&year=2014
. Like most of our public office hours this one will be publicly logged and
should be posted on the meta office hour page shortly after it's conclusion.

If you want to know you more about Damon you can read the Wikimedia Blog
announcement
<https://blog.wikimedia.org/2014/09/29/damon-sicore-joins-wmf-as-vice-president-of-engineering/>
or check out his personal blog <http://damon.sicore.com>.

James

[[cross posted on wikitech-l and wikimedia-l]]

James Alexander
Legal and Community Advocacy
Wikimedia Foundation
(415) 839-6885 x6716 @jamesofur