Hi Nemo, Cascadia Wikimedians' current discussions with Affcom and WMF
Legal are about some wording on the Affiliation Agreement document. We have
not discussed becoming a chapter in any great detail, and as you note the
WMF Board created a longevity requirement. We have had informal meetings in
Cascadia for such a long time that I wonder if the WMF Board would consider
a waiver in our case, but so far I think being a user group will be
adequate for our needs in the near future.

Hi Asaf, thanks for the info. I have previously heard comments from other
affiliates about Affcom taking a long time to make decisions, but until now
investigating that has been low on my priority stack.

Pine