Thank you for that information, Asaf, Kirill, and James.

James: my point still stands that somehow at IEGCom we are able to respond
substantively to almost 100% if inquiries within 7 days. It seems to me
that if we can do this at IEGCom, then asking Legal and Affcom to commit to
substantively responding to all inquiries within 14 days is reasonable.
There may be an exceptional case from time to time, but explanations for
delays and regular updates should still be forthcoming. Users generally
shouldn't need to go to Geoff or Wikimedia-l to get progress, nor should
there be multiple weeks of silence from Affcom and/or Legal, especially
when updates have been requested during that time.

I would like to ask that the communication and timeliness issues discussed
in this thread be addressed thoroughly, and that the specific actions taken
be made transparent.

Thank you,

Pine