I find the term "Advancement Department" has a somewhat Orwellian ring.

The FAQ mentions that –

The new role is focused on creating value for the Wikimedia movement and on
supporting our ability to fulfil our mission. Value can be understood in
many different ways. We believe that it can be about relationships with
people, relationships with organizations, or in some cases, additional
financial resources.

Would it be possible to translate this into something more accessible? What
sorts of "additional financial resources" are we talking about, and who
would supply them to whom?