I appreciate Andreas keeping this list updated, and it is not tangential
but central to this thread's topic. It is very pertinent that the
self-appointed "spokesperson of this community" (who has styled himself in
this NSA suit as a worrier for freedom) was snuggling up to a truly
despotic regime, helping to polish that turd in the international media and
endorsing it's capture of one of the Wikipedias. (What's been done about
that, by the way? Anything?) And it is pertinent that our self-appointed
spokesperson has finally climbed down from that position ... to a slight
degree ... at least when he's backed into a corner and forced to confront
his embarrassing misstep. Kazakhstan is not the USA, but the US government
is not the only one abusing the privacy of Wikipedia editors and readers.

The question in parenthesis above is a serious one. What actual steps has
the foundation taken to address the capture of Kazakh Wikipedia by the
Kazakh government?

Anthony Cole <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User_talk:Anthonyhcole>