Congratulations on bringing to the surface these 16 project ideas!
I'm looking forward to seeing how these specific projects go, and also to
seeing if they can become replicable models for future activities and help
solve the broad gender-gap problem.

When the "inspire campaign" was first announced I was critical - not of the
importance of the topic - but whether the method of "focusing attention on
only one topic" was a good idea. By focusing grants on one topic, would
that be beneficial to that topic or would it simply be detrimental to all
other topics?

It seems the answer is that SPECIFICALLY INVITING people to apply for
grants on a specific topic DOES draw out many and various good ideas.
Without that specific invitation, it is likely that only a proportion of
these would ever have been submitted, and an even smaller number actually
funded.

Furthermore, it don't believe any of the grant applications that were
underway on other topics were delayed or negatively affected because of
this project.

So, congratulations WMF grants team on trialling an innovative and tricky
idea. Let's hope the 16 projects prove to be successful!

-Liam / Wittylama

wittylama.com
Peace, love & metadata