SJ, Neil and Quim,
thanks wholeheartedly for all your answers, I think that removes most of
the fears that I had. Although I must say it feels a bit unconventional
since I haven´t figured out yet how to do scheduling, process flow, and
other standard non-coding project management tasks in Phabricator. When
compared with standard tools like MS Project, on the Project Planning
Properties realm Phabricator seems to be lacking many features;
http://project-management.zone/system/microsoft-project,phabricator

I guess I will start trying and learning to see how far I can get with it.
It doesn´t need to be complex in order to be effective.

Cheers,
Micru

On Fri, Jun 5, 2015 at 1:24 AM, Quim Gil <q...@wikimedia.org> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On Thu, Jun 4, 2015 at 9:01 PM, David Cuenca Tudela <dacu...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>

> > I am looking for a space where I can set up projects like:
> >
> > - clean up a wiki category
> >
> > - set up book scanning tasks
> >
> > - track a survey stages (planning, translation, ad, analysis, etc)
> >
> > Is phabricator a good place for that?
>

> Since the very first day of https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/, the blurb
> in the homepage reads
>
> "*Phabricator* is a collaboration platform open to all Wikimedia and
> MediaWiki contributors. We focus on bug reporting and software projects.
> Non-technical initiatives are welcome as well."
>
> That replies your question officially.  :)
>

> > I guess that with appropriate
> > project/subproject separation then the tasks wouldn't be mixed with
> coding
> > tasks.
> >

> Just like nobody wants all coding tasks mixed either.  :) Tasks get mixed
> or apart in the way you want with the use of projects/tags. Simple.
>

> > How is it being done at the WMF?
> >

> For instance, even if a hackathon is about code, *organizing* a hackathon
> is not. In fact Engineering Community doesn't write much code and we have
> 99% of our activity organized in Phabricator projects, tasks, and sprints.
>

> https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/maniphest/?statuses=open()&projects=PHID-PROJ-2olj6ckxwlzq3akoznah#R
>
> Further reading:
>
> https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Phabricator/Creating_and_renaming_projects
> https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Phabricator/Project_management
> and of course https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Phabricator/Help, which is
> ready for all kinds of users, technical or not.
>
> See you all there! If you have questions, just ask at
> https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Talk:Phabricator/Help or
> #wikimedia-devtools
> IRC
>
> --