Laurentius wrote:
>Il giorno mer, 12/08/2015 alle 01.11 +0900, Hong, Yongmin ha scritto:
>> It has been a year (and a day) since the gerrit 153302 [1] has been
>> merged and deployed to the dewiki.
>
>And it's high time it got removed.

I agree. It's a bedrock principle of MediaWiki and Wikimedia that local
administrators are trusted users. "Superprotection" was hastily
implemented on a spurious premise and it has no legitimate use-cases. It
was never appropriate to deploy to Wikimedia wikis and it should be
removed. And nobody should be in the business of trying to retroactively
justify this misfeature's existence, in my opinion.

MZMcBride