On Fri, Oct 9, 2015 at 10:40 PM, Liang-chih Shang Kuan <
shangkua...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I want to kindly ask a follow up on the issue Isabella Apriana has
> mentioned - "...it's not official yet for Montreal, but seems like
> there's nothing we can do about 2017 now because community discussion is
> expected to focus on 2018-2021."
>
> Is that true? Should all the bid team except Montreal stop to spend their
> energy for the 2017 bid anymore, or should they keep contact the local
> venue and service providers to have a better research on their bid?
>
> I personally really want to have another Wikimania in Asia (if so, I won't
> have big jet lag issue, haha), I see WMID is putting some lot of efforts of
> their organization on the bid process (I was having a meeting with them for
> 2 hours to know better about the venue situation in Bali), so I ask this
> question. Just want to make sure how the follow up should go for the
> bidders before the community consultation in November to prevent burned out
> and reduce feeling of frustration.

Hi Liang. Confirming here that we've asked anyone who is considering
hosting Wikimania (for 2017 or any other year) to be in touch with Ellie
Young directly before putting any more energy into a bid.  Hope this is
clear now - thanks!

> Best,
>

> Liang, Wikimedia Taiwan

Siko Bouterse