Thanks for the article, Denny.

A couple of weeks ago, I posted a proposal to use machine learning to
identify problematic talk page behaviour at the English Wikipedia's Village
Pump.[1]

The ideas seem roughly equivalent: the main aim is to make people aware of
it when they are about to engage in counterproductive behaviour, and to
ensure there is more timely feedback and outside input.

Personally, I think the community needs a push like this in order to make
that cultural shift. It is encouraging to learn that such an effort can
yield tangible results in practice (something a few of the commenters at
the Village Pump were doubtful about).

Please review the linked Village Pump discussion, and provide input on how
and whether this could be made to work in Wikipedia.

[1]
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Village_pump_(proposals)#Proposed:_Tag_.2F_edit_filter_for_talk_page_abuse
https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Wikipedia:Village_pump_(proposals)&oldid=690573963#Proposed:_Tag_.2F_edit_filter_for_talk_page_abuse