> *When 100% is compared with another source and 85% is the same,**you only
> have to check 15% and decide what is righ**t*....

​this very statement highlights one issue that ​

​will always be a problem between Wikidata and Wikipedias. Wikipedia, at
least in my 10 years of experience on en:wp is that when you have multiple
sources that differ you highlight the existence of those ​sources and the
conflict of information  we dont decide what is right or wrong.

On 21 November 2015 at 06:35, Gerard Meijssen <gerard.meijs...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hoi,
> <grin> quality is different things </grin> I do care about quality but I do
> not necessarily agree with you how to best achieve it. Arguably bots are
> better and getting data into Wikidata than people. This means that the
> error rate of bots is typically better than what people do. It is all in
> the percentages.
>
> I have always said that the best way to improve quality is by comparing
> sources. When Wikidata has no data, it is arguably better to import data
> from any source. When the quality is 90% correct, there is already 100%
> more data. When 100% is compared with another source and 85% is the same,
> you only have to check 15% and decide what is right. When you compare with
> two distinct sources, the percentage that differs changes again.. :) In
> this way it makes sense to check errors
>
> It does not help when you state that either party has people that care or
> do not care about quality. By providing a high likelihood that something is
> problematic, you will learn who actually makes a difference. It however
> started with having data to compare in the first place
> Thanks,
>       GerardM
>
> On 20 November 2015 at 14:50, Petr Kadlec <petr.kad...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > On Fri, Nov 20, 2015 at 8:18 AM, Gerard Meijssen <
> > gerard.meijs...@gmail.com>
> > wrote:
> >
> > > When Wikipedia is a black box, not communicating about with the outside
> > > world, at some stage the situation becomes toxic. At this moment there
> > are
> > > already those at Wikidata that argue not to bother about Wikipedia
> > quality
> > > because in their view, Wikipedians do not care about its own quality.
> > >

> > Right. When some users blindly dump random data to Wikidata, not
> > communicating about with the outside world, at some stage the situation
> > becomes toxic. At this moment there are already those at Wikipedia that
> > argue not to bother about Wikidata quality because in their view,
> > Wikidatans do not care about its own quality.
> >
> > For instance, take a look at
> > https://www.wikidata.org/wiki/User_talk:GerardM
> > https://www.wikidata.org/wiki/User_talk:GerardM/Archive_1
> >
> > Erm