Personally - I favor third party and community review to a committee of the
board - unless the entire board is on that committee along with some skilled
community members.

IMHO, all of the tasks Pine mentioned the board members on the committee should
do are things I would hope all the board members are doing. Their primary legal
responsibility is financial oversight of the organization. I would hope they
are making VERY informed financial decisions, and that they are all actively
engaged in the process. Frankly, if they are not spending that time as a group,
I would much rather they find a way they do that as a whole group rather than
create a committee where only a few of them are doing their their colleague’s
due diligence for them.

-greg (User:Pine)