On Fri, Jan 29, 2016 at 6:09 PM Tomasz W. Kozlowski <tom...@twkozlowski.com>
wrote:

> Considering the results of the 2015 May Board elections, I think it fair
> to say that María’s appointment to the Board lacks any community legitimacy
> whatsoever.

I have to disagree with this statement.  Please see my analysis of the
election, where I show that Sefidari would have been the top-ranked
candidate if we had counted votes equally.[1]  The "oppose" votes you refer
to are not serving the purpose you imagine they are, of weeding out
controversial candidates.

Yet another hugely surprising decision from the Board, I’m sorry to say.

That's another story... It would be nice to read the minutes of this Board
discussion, to see what alternatives were raised and how they were
evaluated.  It would be even nicer if the broader community had been
directly involved in deciding how to backfill their hatcheted
representative's seat.

-Adam
[[mw:User:Adamw]]

[1] https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/User:Adamw/Draft/Board_Election_analysis