So, why not make the best of both worlds?

If you need another Trustee immediately, well...I don't really think that,
you have a quorum without it. And an appointed trustee who lost a community
election is not a community elected trustee. It is insulting to say that
they are. James Heilman was the community trustee, and we still have been
given absolutely no specifics about his removal, just vague handwaves at
"lack of trust". Why, specifically, did he lose your trust? What,
specifically, did he supposedly do wrong?

But if the seat absolutely must be filled, make this an interim appointment
until a new election is complete, and hold such an election as soon as
possible. A new election is necessary, and not having one is unacceptable.
A lot has changed since the last one, and the individual you appointed did
not pass the previous election.

Or in other words: This is still not acceptable.

Todd