SJ,

Can you please contact any Wikimedia chapter and ask them to request
nominations?

There are two criteria for nominations - one is that their name has to be
posted on the nomination page, and the other is that a Wikimedia chapter
has to support their nomination.
<
https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Affiliate-selected_Board_seats/2016/Nominations

Get any chapter to make any request for whatever kind of person they would
nominate, then maybe they can call for whatever they want.

Going into more detail - the traditional duties of a board member are that
they approve the annual budget and oversee an organization's executive
director. That could mean anything, but such as it is, this is the role
description.

The election belongs to the chapters. My request would be that anyone get
chapters engaged in any way possible, from discussing nominations, to
talking now about what kind of person they would elect, to planning
questions to ask before and during the election, and to plan how to choose
how each organizations vote will be cast in such a way that it reflects the
desire of chapter members.

All Wikimedia chapters are encouraged to request the involvement of all
other Wikimedia chapters in this election. 2 of 10 seats of the board of
trustees will be chosen.

Ask questions everywhere. This is a wiki election and should proceed in
wiki style.

yours,

Lane Rasberry
user:bluerasberry on Wikipedia