On 2016-02-22 04:01, Gergő Tisza wrote:
One example of the shortcomings of emails as a medium for complex
discussions is how this thread about postmortems continues to be diverted
into discussions about Facebook, despite Pete's best efforts.

At the end of the day, people will prefer tools that work well over tools that align philosophically. One can sabotage the development of tools that
would both work well and uphold Wikimedia's values, but cannot prevent
important discussions from moving to other venues (which will necessarily be a worse match for those values). There is a lesson there, although I'm
afraid it will take some more time before we learn it.

Meta rather than the mailing list would be the proper place to discuss such things. However, for the last many years meta has been a terrible mess, where it is impossible to find anything, and which only meta-regulars (mainly people highly involved with WMF) were able to follow on a daily basis. The introduction of the global watchlist might solve this bit of the problem.

Cheers
Yaroslav