On Wed, Feb 24, 2016 at 6:23 PM, Denny Vrandecic <dvrande...@wikimedia.org>
wrote:

> To make a few things about the Board of Trustees clear - things that will
> be true now matter how much you reorganize it:
>
> - the Board members have duties of care and loyalty to the Foundation - not
> to the movement.
>
> ​Hi Denny,

Blue Avocado, the non-profit magazine, offers a somewhat different view.
They have published a board-member "contract" to give non-profit directors
an idea of what's expected of them. It includes:

​

​"... ​
I will interpret our constituencies' needs and values to the organization,
speak out for their interests, and on their behalf, hold the organization
accountable.
​" [1]

Sarah

[1] http://www.blueavocado.org/content/board-member-contract