On Mon, Feb 29, 2016 at 10:55 AM, Andreas Kolbe <jayen...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Here is what I don't understand: both Dariusz and James have said that they
> pushed hard for transparency and community engagement about the project at
> that time, and expressed concern that there hadn't been any. Do you not
> remember that? Yet nothing happened.

My recollection is that we were given a plausible explanation that all the
big visions and brainstorming never went into production. Yes, there were
ideas floating around, but they did not go anywhere.

This is why James motioned to approve the grant, as I understand. I don't
think either of us would support the grant if we were unconvinced at the
time. We did, however, insist that any work going outside of the simple
"improve internal search" scope should be consulted.

My personal view is also that we need to be careful not to commit any
resource in the future by agreeing on some relatively small grants in the
present.

> If they were in favour, and you were in favour, why didn't it happen? Who
> resisted?

I don't think that anyone resisted - we basically came to an understanding
that the grant was not a big project, and that while there may have been
grand(iose) visions about it, they never materialized to the level that
would require board or community involvement.