Thank you. I wholeheartedly agree with your point, and hope that we
can find the courage to remind each other of this more often. Small,
early reminders can go a long way towards avoiding a gradual erosion
of boundaries.

Gabriel

On Wed, Mar 2, 2016 at 3:59 PM, Denny Vrandecic
<dvrande...@wikimedia.org> wrote:
> Thanks. I also got reminded about that a few times, recently. I would love
> this to be more reflected upon.
>

> On Wed, Mar 2, 2016 at 3:49 PM, Keegan Peterzell <keegan.w...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> There's a quote popularly attributed to Eleanor Roosevelt:
>>
>> "Great minds discuss ideas, average minds discuss events, small minds
>> discuss people."[0]
>>
>> Now, I'm not calling any particular people small minded, nor am I
>> suggesting we stop talking about issues. What I am suggesting is that we
>> talk about issues, and not people. The axe grinding and personal
>> denigrations are being pushed further and further to the limits during this
>> turmoil, and I humbly ask that it stop, and that moderation is used if
>> needed to do so. I'll have no sympathy for those who wish to continue to go
>> after fellow human beings for political gain.
>>
>> 0. http://quoteinvestigator.com/2014/11/18/great-minds/
>>
>> --
>> ~Keegan
>>
>> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Keegan
>>
>> This is my personal email address. Everything sent from this email address
>> is in a personal capacity.

Gabriel Wicke
Principal Engineer, Wikimedia Foundation