On Sun, Mar 6, 2016 at 9:58 AM, jytdog <jyt...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi
>
> This is my first posting here.  Sorry if I do anything wrong.
>
> I wanted to note here the following post from James Heilman:
> https://lists.wikimedia.org/pipermail/wikimedia-l/2016-February/082816.html
>
> And I guess this one too
> https://lists.wikimedia.org/pipermail/wikimedia-l/2016-February/082763.html
>
> I fully understand what folks have said about the unworkability of
> videotaping meetings, and I also understand and appreciate what Risker
> wrote about minutes being legal documents that need to reviewed and
> approved by all.
>
> At the same time, some enduring record seems essential.  Recordings that
> are not made public, but that can be used to verify when things like the
> above happen?  So not open, but recorded?
>
> What is really hard about those two posts, is the irresolvable differences
> in statements that were made about those events.  Really hard.

I agree.

Start recording now, for private use of the board and associated staff
to save them time and so at least the internal disputes are about what
was meant rather than what was actually said.

And push the "open" part part of this topic until further down the
road, when there is a little more bandwidth to evaluate it properly.

--
John Vandenberg