Craig, thanks for your reply on this. This is actually not about HR
matters.  It is about what board members chose to do and say.

It would have made little difference in the RW if they had said "the board
supports Lila" (and if there was a majority vote for that, the board did
support Lila) vs "the board unanimously supports Lila".  They chose to
state the latter.  That has nothing to do with Lila per se, and everything
to do with the choices individuals made in representing what the board
actually did.

This is what I meant.  Poor processes poorly executed definitely allowed
this to happen;  if board votes were accurately recorded in minutes and
swiftly published, what happened would not be even possible or would be so
foolish that no one would do it.  But these were still choices that
individuals made in the context that existed.

These choices and those of other board members  - as individuals  -  have
created an unbearable set of contradictions that need to resolved.  This is
what we should focus on.  I hope you can see that the HR angle is a a
distraction from that, as this has nothing to do with WMF staff per se.

Yes we should also urge the board to develop more rigorous procedures and
to follow them more closely to make it harder for individuals to make bad
choices, but there is still resolving what did happen, so that we can go
forward.