Excellent !

All my support Katherine !

Anthere

PS: Hopefully the list will regain a bit of peace and be productive again ?

Le 11/03/16 03:59, Katherine Maher a écrit :
Thank you, Patricio.

I want to thank the Board for this opportunity, and for their confidence in
the Foundation. I also want to thank community members and staff for
continuing to be such committed advocates for our future -- your passion
and belief in our movement and purpose have been tremendous things to
behold.

As a movement, we’ve had some challenges lately. We’ve started on a process
of change, but as Lydia Pintscher (User:Lydia Pintscher (WMDE)) recently
reminded us,[1] “Change happens at the speed of trust.” We will need to
work together over these coming months to build that trust, and open
critical lines of communication and accountability. I get the sense from
many people that that’s exactly what they’d like to do: absorb the lessons
we’ve learned, re-engage with each other, and get back to advancing our
global movement.

At the Foundation, we have an opportunity to center around our values, and
practice open and collaborative communication. During the interim period, I
want to get things working well and improve transparency and communication,
both internally and with the communities. We will work to create a
supportive, fair environment where people can get things done, engage with
their colleagues and community members, and understand how their work has
an impact on our mission. This includes delivering on important deadlines
for the Annual Plan and strategy,[2] filling key roles, and making progress
on issues raised in our recent engagement survey.

We are committed to delivering the first version of the 2016-2017 Annual
Plan no later than April 1st for community and FDC review, and are on track
to meet this deadline. The WMF 2016-2018 strategy development is also
underway, with a draft version open for comments until March 18.[3] Over
the coming weeks, we’ll be moving forward with our Chief Technology Officer
(CTO) search, and working with the Talent and Culture team to reinvest in
our culture. As new other emerge, we’ll work together to prioritize them.

To accomplish all of this, we are going to need your help. I want to hear
from you about what you would like to achieve in this interim period. This
includes how we can collaborate together to prepare the organization and
movement to welcome our next Executive Director. The Foundation is prepared
to actively support the Board in the search, and we will work closely with
them to share important information and create opportunities to give
feedback throughout the process.

Just a few weeks ago, we marked the 15th birthday of the movement.[4]
Millions of people around the world shared their love for Wikimedia. It was
a celebration of why we do what we do, and how much joy the movement brings
people everywhere. That’s something I try to keep in mind every day.

Yours sincerely,
Katherine

[1] https://twitter.com/nightrose/status/660043284841107457
[2]
https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/2016_Strategy/Combined_strategy_and_annual_plan_timeline
[3] https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/2016_Strategy/Draft_WMF_Strategy
[4] https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia_15

On Thu, Mar 10, 2016 at 6:55 PM, Patricio Lorente <