Marc *Pelletier / Coren* wrote:

> I don't think it's reasonable to expect that every external supplier
> is all-FLOSS. For one, the movement would be pretty much stuck
> without hardware, networking gear, and power at the very least.

Is there a list of equipment that WMF uses without viable FLOSS
alternatives, please?

I can currently buy what appears to be incredibly cost effective RAID-5
network attached storage and powerful database and web servers meeting what
I believe to be current WMF requirements for throughput with FLOSS
solutions based on NetBSD, FreeBSD, Debian, or CentOS from apparently
reputable and highly-rated consumer outlets for a tiny fraction of the cost
that was necessary from wholesale vendors in 2009, when for some reason
beyond my present recollection I did the same exercise.

Sincerely,
Jim