Hi all,

The Wikipedia Education Program
<https://outreach.wikimedia.org/wiki/Special:MyLanguage/Education> (more
specifically, the Wiki Education Collaborative
<https://outreach.wikimedia.org/wiki/Education/Wikipedia_Education_Collaborative>),
has been following the development of WikiMOOCs across our movement. Our
hope was to create dialogue and share experiences between various chapters
/ groups / individuals who are working on the same idea -- creating a wiki
MOOC -- across the Wikiverse.

So far, we've had an initial online meeting
<https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EKlLKz8Dm2k&list=PL3tYD7kLHbTEBYZd9_vFm0Y_WrUyC0ncc&index=3>
(which was recorded) with reps from Argentina, Mexico, Sweden, Israel & the
Education team at WMF. One of the outcomes of this meeting was the
understanding that before we continue, we need to learn more about existing
experiences and curate what is already happening. The result was an
interview with Pete Forsyth
<https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gfXvzvZBWG0&list=PL3tYD7kLHbTEBYZd9_vFm0Y_WrUyC0ncc&index=2>,
who's run a MOOC in the US, as well as an interview with reps from the
French Chapter,
<https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7FclihxcIKU&list=PL3tYD7kLHbTEBYZd9_vFm0Y_WrUyC0ncc&index=1>
Mathieu
Denel & Jules Xénard, who have run the MOOC Emeric just reported on.

I hope the above links might help those who interested in the idea.
Also, we are planning a second WikiMOOCs meeting soon, so if any chapter /
group / individuals are interested in joining us, please let me know. :)

Cheers,
Shani.

Shani Evenstein, WM-IL