Hi Lisa,

Thanks for the update - it's great to hear that the target has been achieved so
quickly!

Continuing the English fundraiser as part of reaching the global fundraising
target makes sense to me. Continuing the fundraiser after the global target has
been reached is rather more concerning - except where the funds are being
raised specifically for the endowment.

The extra uses of additional funds sound great, but they should really go
through an annual planning process to make sure that they will be effective
uses of those donations, particularly if they might be funded by grants rather
than needing donor money. Perhaps those donations would be more effectively
spent by other Wikimedia organisations, rather than the Wikimedia Foundation.

If the English fundraiser continues, then I'd encourage you to either focus
specifically on the endowment (ensuring the long-term survival of Wikipedia is
surely a winning appeal!), or to avoid promising to donors that money will be
spent on a specific project (and please don't say that the fundraiser will now
finish if only people donate a few more dollars for an extra cup of coffee!).

Thanks,
Mike