Hello everyone

Time for some feedback about the #16WikiWomen translation drive !

The #16WikiWomen translate-a-thon was largely successful ! It not only contributed more content for Wikipedia, but also visibility about the African women gap !

Some figures

* Overall, 116 articles have been created based on translation from the English version. * Out of those, 64 are basically a near equivalent of the master article in terms of quality
* Additionally, 39 previously existing article versions have been improved
* The overall number of languages concerned is 44 (+ English)
* Several communities created local pages on their own wiki to coordinate the effort (nice !) * The most active linguistic communities to participate to produce high quality content were French, Spanish, Catalan, Hebrew. We also had good participation rates from Dutch, Portuguese, Punjabi, Swahili and very cool content from Igbo, Yoruba, Creole Haitien etc. (please do not be offended if I do not cite all languages ;)) * Half a dozen other articles were also suggested and though they raised less interest from translators, they are now noticed... * Whilst we have not been able to figure out exactly how many people participated, 54 people self reported participating to the translate-a-thon ! Awesome !

I hope everybody enjoyed it.

If I may share some "organizational feedback with you"

1) It is quite challenging to actually communicate with many linguistic communities. As much as I was motivated, trying to actually post information on a wiki where I do not recognise anything (like Hebrew or Arabic ...)... very tough

2) I have not been able to identify someone who could help me do the query that would allow to know how many people participated. I really tried... but failed. I must say I found that very frustrating to know that the info is out there but I do not have the skills to do the query myself and not able to find someone to help within two months. Missing something here

3) Much to my dismay, many people obviously did not use the translation feature. I had put a very visible link though. Weird

Thank you to all those who participated or relayed the information about the drive around.

Next steps: we plan to do... booksmarks... with the ladies biographies ;)

Florence