No, it means 15,000 new (paying) members of the association Wikimedia
Deutschland.

However, we also try to recruit new authors/editors via banner campaigns
and are running several of them throughout the year. If you are interested
in this, consider joining Verena's session at Wikimania about "On-Wiki
Campaigning to Engage New Editors"[1]

Cheers
Cornelius

[1] https://wikimania2017.wikimedia.org/wiki/Submissions/On-Wiki_

On 6 June 2017 at 07:36, James Heilman <jmh...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Does "15,000 new members to the organization" mean that everyone who edits
> DE WP is a member? If so that is amazing :-)
>
> James
>
> On Mon, Jun 5, 2017 at 4:29 PM, Anna Stillwell <astillw...@wikimedia.org>
> wrote:
>
> > Thank you. Well done. 15,000 new members to the organization?
> > I'd love to talk with you about this, Nicole.
> >
> > On Fri, Jun 2, 2017 at 6:41 AM, Samuel Patton <spat...@wikimedia.org>
> > wrote:
> >
> > > I agree, the report is great and the videos are inspiring. Thanks for
> > > sharing!
> > >
> > > sam

> > report.

> > localized
> > > or

Cornelius Kibelka
Program and Engagement Coordinator (PEC)
for the Wikimedia Conference

Tel. (030) 219 158 26-0
http://wikimedia.de

http://spenden.wikimedia.de/

Körperschaften I Berlin, Steuernummer 27/029/42207