Hoi,
I found a complete history of Africa that is available in PDF format from
UNESCO.. It is in eight parts and I am happy that it exists.. I added the
data in Wikidata but this is the link for the English version.. There are
versions in other languages as well :)
Thanks,
     GerardM

http://www.unesco.org/new/en/social-and-human-sciences/themes/general-history-of-africa/volumes/