This should have been posted to the Wikipedia mailing list since it doesn't
have anything to do with the other projects or the movement in general.

JP

On Mon, Sep 25, 2017 at 12:27 PM, Anna Torres <d...@wikimedia.org.ar> wrote:

> As always!!! Thanks you so much!!!!
>
> We will review it and adapt it!!!
>
> Hugs!!

> > Hi all,
> >
> > I’m excited to share with you our new interactive tool *teaching
> > encyclopedic writing*[1]. Encyclopedic writing differs from other kinds
> of
> > writing, such as academic, journalistic, or creative writing. In order to
> > learn how to contribute substantial content to Wikipedia, it is not
> enough
> > to learn the technicalities of using Wikipedia's interface, as taught by
> > the interactive educational software[2]. The Encyclopedic Writing Guide
> was
> > born of a need to instruct participants in our Educational projects, as
> > well as the general public, on the principles of encyclopedic writing,
> and
> > specifically those of Wikipedia. The guide is aimed at teaching the rules
> > and "best practices" that apply at various stages of contributing content
> > to Wikipedia: from choosing a topic for an article, to finding sources,
> > structuring the article, and finally, the required writing style. The
> guide
> > thus teaches how to asses the encyclopedic importance of a topic, how to
> > find independent and reliable sources on that topic, how to structure the
> > information according to Wikipedia's article format, and how to produce
> > neutral and succinct writing.
> >
> > The guide is built as a website. Users are invited to choose between two
> > tracks: a track for expanding existing articles and a track for writing
> new
> > ones. In both tracks, each of the four stages is presented on a different
> > page, where the related information, tips, examples and practical tools
> are
> > concentrated. The information is presented in a basic concise form, and
> the
> > users are invited to open links and pop-ups to obtain more information
> and
> > practical examples.
> >
> > Editing Wikipedia is not just a technical skill. While learning how to
> use
> > Wikipedia's interface is necessary, it is not sufficient in order to
> learn
> > how to contribute substantial content to the platform. The Encyclopedic
> > Writing Guide is the first tool of its kind teaching how to create
> > encyclopedic content.
> >
> > Best,
> >
> > *Michal Lester,*
> >

> > *Executive DirectorWikimedia Israel*
> > [1] https://guide.wikimedia.org.il/
> > [2] http://www.wikimedia.org.il/%D7%9C%D7%95%D7%9E%D7%93%D7%94/

> Anna Torres Adell
> Directora Ejecutiva
> *A.C. Wikimedia Argentina*

Jean-Philippe Béland

[image: Wikimedia Canada] Vice-président — Wikimédia Canada
<https://ca.wikimedia.org/wiki/Main_Page?uselang=fr>, chapitre national
soutenant Wikipédia
Vice president — Wikimedia Canada
<https://ca.wikimedia.org/wiki/Main_Page?uselang=en>, national chapter