The winners of Dutch literature awards are IMHO fine for wikidata. I mean, what
is the problem, that they are LP? Would be any difference form the relevance
point of view, if they were asteroids or hamlets or small lakes or skerries on
a nautical map? Some of them will get a page one day on some wikis, some of
them will be cited on a list, some ignored... it happens all the times for a
lot of items.
We are uploading item for scientific articles, what is the problem with their
authors? there are also national or institutional database for specific objects
like work of arts or maps or specific documents, something that will show how
loose are the borders between structured data of commons and a wikidata
platform with lots of various items. I am sure we are importing some of them,
what's the issue with their minor authors if they are still alive?
Wikidata has also its own development issue to address, I agree, it can't store
everything, but the solution to this question should not come with simple
comparison to platforms with different roles and goals. Wikipedias have their
battle with BLP and spam and so on, but in no way this should disrupt the
wikidata workflow. Wikidata items have also their standards, the most
reasonable future threshold here is for me the quality of the source but not
the presence of the item per se if it has an external, good-quality ID.
If part of the issue here is that someone has some problem that the BLP they
managed to erase on a local platforms is still on wikidata, honestly I think
they should get over it focusing on more productive tasks. In any case, every
wikiplatform can decide to use wikidata for the management of their red link
and their infoboxes, only if they want to. I don't see the problem.

    Il Mercoledì 27 Settembre 2017 7:50, Gerard Meijssen