Hi Ziko,

Quick response regarding the endorsement: We will ask people to only
endorse the strategic direction in the green box and the short section
underneath with the next steps.

Hope that helps.

Best regards,
Nicole

On 21 October 2017 at 01:02, Ziko van Dijk <zvand...@gmail.com> wrote:

> > I am optimistic that this strategic direction provides every individual
> and
> > entity within the Wikimedia movement something to be excited about.
> >

> Hello, it is not about what I might be excited about - I wonder in which
> ways the document will be used in a way I find problematic for the
> community.
>
> I am still curious about the links in the "See also" section:
>
>    - Appendix
>    <https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Strategy/Wikimedia_
> movement/2017/Direction/Appendix>:
>    More information about the process, research, and findings that led to
> this
>    outcome.
>    - A report of findings
>    <https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Strategy/Wikimedia_
> movement/2017/Findings>
>    is being written and many references on this page will be updated to
> point
>    to its content.
>
> Are those (and the footnotes) part of the "direction" document? Will people
> who endorse the document also endorse them?
>
> Kind regards,
>
> Ziko
>

> > Beginning on October 26, we will be asking for individual contributors
> and
> > organized groups to endorse this new strategic direction for our
> movement.
> > I encourage you to spend the intervening days discussing this direction
> and
> > determining if you and/or your group will be endorsing it. You will find
> > more information about the endorsement day and the process on the
> > direction’s meta page next week.
> >
> > The endorsement concludes phase 1 of the process, and we are currently
> > drafting the next steps of the process. The main goal of phase 2 will be
> > answer the question "How do we implement the strategic direction", which
> > means identifying the resources needed for execution, and the activities
> it
> > involves. A first rough overview of this phase is being developed on
> Meta.
> > Take a look! [2]
> >
> > On a different note, we have completed the move into our new office space
> > at One Montgomery Tower![3] Once again, thank you to everyone on staff
> who
> > was involved in making the move so seamless, and to all of you for your
> > patience over the past couple of weeks. Later this month, once we are
> more
> > settled in, we will be sharing photos and information about our new space
> > on the Wikimedia Blog.
> >
> > Stay tuned!
> >
> > መልካም ቀን። (Amharic translation: “Have a nice day”),
> >
> > Katherine
> >
> > [1]
> > https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Strategy/Wikimedia_
> > movement/2017/People/Drafting_Group
> > [2] https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimedia_2030/Process_planning
> [...]

Nicole Ebber
Adviser International Relations
Movement Strategy Track Lead: Organized Groups