This could have been alleviated by using a dump of Wikipedia at a specific
time throughout the study. I don't know if it was done or not, I doubt it
since the article do not mention it, I assume they had direct online access
to the current Wikipedia at the time of the iterations during the study.
Also that would lift one of the concerns in the discussion section about
the replicability of the study because Wikipedia evolves, a new study could
be completed with the same dump at the time of that study in order to
replicate the same results (however I wouldn't see the interest, but just
for the sake of having scientifically replicable findings).

JP

On Thu, Nov 2, 2017 at 11:45 AM, Jean-Philippe Béland <jpbel...@wikimedia.ca