Possibly because they have been busy with other things?
Cheers,
Peter

-----Original Message-----
From: Wikimedia-l [mailto:wikimedia-l-boun...@lists.wikimedia.org] On Behalf Of
Renée Bagslint
Sent: 01 January 2018 00:10
To: Wikimedia Mailing List
Subject: Re: [Wikimedia-l] Welcome messages at arwiki

I'm surprised that this whole thing is even an issue at this late date.
Considering the importance to the projects of recruiting and retaining
contrbutors, how is it possible to be in a position where the various projects
do not have a comprehensive understanding of, and well-researched
evidence-based policies for, welcoming new contributors, and efficient and
effective tools in place to implement those policies?  Indeed, why were these
things not all sorted out at least a decade ago?

On Fri, Dec 29, 2017 at 9:20 AM, John Erling Blad <jeb...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Users on other projects are complaining about the welcome messages at
> arwiki. A bot at that project are welcoming people that has no
> activity at that project at all. The bot operator claims the activity
> is valid, but I can't see that this is a well-behaving bot at all.[1]
>
> I suspect the bot is welcoming every user it can find, but using user
> accounts from central login and not users that has local contributions
> at arwiki.
>
> Can someone shut down the bot until the user fix the spam problem.
>
> [1] https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/User_talk:Meno25#Welcome_messages

---
http://www.avg.com