One idea which was spelled out many times but never took off is that of a
Wiki-compendium. If we are talking about a language which is let us say not
endangered, has a reasonably large number of speakers but not millions, and
only has a limited number of sources published in this language - the
Wiki-community is typically not large, may be a dozen or a couple of dozens
speakers. Yakut  (Sakha) is a good example of such language, Tatar would be
another one. They do not have resources to support Wikipedia, Wikisource,
and possibly even Wikibooks and Wiktionary at the same time, and they have
to concentrate on Wikipedia as the largest project. The idea was that for
such languages the traditional division between sister projects is not
really useful, but one project, which would comprise Wikipedia, Wikisource,
and possibly others would be much better so that the editors would just be
in one central place, and every speaker of this language would know what
the place is. The idea is old, at least as old as LangCom, and the fact it
never took off probably means that it is somehow flawed - I just do not
know how.

Cheers
Yaroslav