Thanks for having this conversation.
Having a balanced life is important, but why should the revenues generated by
volunteer work not go back to volunteers also?
In truth, wikimedia projects are addictive, time consuming, they generate
passionate debates and I have seen many going down the black hole and finding
it hard to manage “priorities”.
This situation is detrimental to those who struggle most to survive. Should
contributing  be the activity of only those rich people who can afford to be
volunteers on their free time? I dont think so.
Tackling with gendergap issues, I see many women not contributing because they
say “it’s time consuming” and they cant afford it.
I don’t know how to deal with these issues, but at the core of implementing
“strategic orientations” which include diversity issues, well it is a must have
conversation.
As for the wikimedia blog I dont really have an idea on that: if the WMF does
it, finances it, well ... At the same time it would need to remain under free
licence so that we can use the stories in our projects, because the revenue
paying it is generated from our volunteer work.

Have a nice day, I have just bought myself a canoe kayak, which is the only way
for me not to get entangled in contributing on a bright sunny day.
I cant bring my computer on the river!
I think we should finance “wikimedians go green off wiki for the week end
projects”. Some days off the internet walking, swimming, having chats by a fire
wood and just taking care of ourselves off wiki.

Nattes à chat