I'd like to distinguish between *monitoring* Wikipedia for changes that
could affect PR, which is fine (so long as they don't put unreasonable
loads on WMF's technical infrastructure), and *editing* Wikipedia in a way
that breaks any number of community rules and/or the WMF TOS. If they were
monitoring without editing, or were editing in ways that were compliant
with our policies around disclosure and handling COI, that might be
manageable. However, if the reports in this thread are true (I have not
personally verified them), then that's a big problem. I am adding Legal to
this thread, but in general my view is that they WMF pays almost no
attention to enforcing the TOS regarding COI issues, and I don't know
whether they will do anything about it in this situation. :( I wish that
they would get energized about COI enforcement.

Pine