Hi Fae,

I would like to mention that WikimediaAnnounce-l is supposed to forward to
Wikimedia-l (although there have often been technical problems with this
and I believe that these problems are ongoing), so under the present system
it may not be possible for Wikimedia-l subscribers to escape from
announcements that are sent to WikimediaAnnounce-l unless someone creates a
custom filter in their email service. Your suggestion that people who want
reminders should subscribe to WikimediaAnnounce-l is okay, but that
probably would not save subscribers to Wikimedia-l from receiving reminders
unless all reminders are sent to WikimediaAnnounce-l and those reminders
are not forwarded to Wikimedia-l. I would not support stopping
WikimediaAnnounce-l emails from being forwarded to Wikimedia-l.

I would also like to suggest that your tone on this topic could be more
diplomatic, and that you should refrain from making assertions about how
almost all readers of this list feel in the absence of some evidence that
would support such an assertion.

Of the things to be upset about, I understand how this one could be
irritating, but there doesn't seem to be consensus that there is a problem,
and I don't think that it's worth losing one's temper over this subject.

I am near to the monthly limit of 15 emails to Wikimedia-l, and I want to
conserve my remaining few emails for other subjects, so this will be my
only post in this thread for this month. If you want to talk more, you can
contact me off-list.

Pine