Hi J. Balaji,

indeed, the Wikimedia Conference 2018 had this option. However, as we are
changing the whole concept of the event (also a reason for a name change)
and limiting the number of participants to 200 max., we cannot invited
unaffiliated groups ( = groups that do not have an affiliate status [yet]).

Both, the Wikimedia Conference and the Wikimedia Summit are *affiliate
conferences*, means we want to keep focussing on Wikimedia affiliates and
the Wikimedia Foundation.

Best regards,
Cornelius

On Wed, 5 Dec 2018 at 20:01, balaji <balajijagad...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
> Last year some oppurtunity was given in the name of "Additionally invited
> communities". But this year I couldnt see any section. For example Tamil
> language doesnt have a user group on its own. But has a good wiki presence
> through different projects. Is there a way for participation of such larger
> communities this year too?
>
> Regards
> J. Balaji
>
> On Wed, Dec 5, 2018 at 10:59 PM Michelle Poltier <
> michelle.polt...@wikimedia.de> wrote:
>
> > Dear Wikimedians,
> >
> > If you wish to be part of the Wikimedia Summit 2019 [1] and you have
> > not yet registered, please be reminded that registration closes on
> > Monday, December 17, 2018. You can sign up using the link below [2].
> >
> > == Eligibility criteria ==
> > Please have the eligibility criteria [3] for participating in the
> > Wikimedia Summit in mind and make sure that your affiliate is marked
> > as ready to register before filling out the registration form.
> > Chapters, Thematic Organizations and User Groups must have shown signs
> > of recent activity, be up-to-date on their reporting [4] and need to
> > have have been officially recognized by the Wikimedia Foundation
> > before January 1, 2018 in order to attend the Wikimedia Summit.
> >
> > It’s all set and you have been selected to represent your affiliate?
> > Then please proceed with submitting the registration form [5].
> >
> > == Office Hour ==
> > We already had two office hours some time ago where people asked
> > specific questions on the Wikimedia Summit, like visa procedures,
> > eligibility criteria, program design, etc.
> >
> > We would be happy to organize another office hour, but we are a bit
> > unsure, if there’s interest to enjoy another one. So please answer
> > (briefly) directly to wmsum...@wikimedia.de if you are interested in
> > another office hour that could take place before December 20.
> >
> > Should you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.
> >
> > Best regards,
> >
> > Cornelius & Michelle
> > For the Wikimedia Summit Organizing Team
> > Wikimedia Deutschland
> > wmsum...@wikimedia.de
> >
> > [1] https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimedia_Summit_2019
> > [2]
> >
> https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimedia_Summit_2019/Registration_Information
> > [3]
> >
> https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimedia_Summit_2019/Eligibility_Criteria
> > [4] https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Reports
> > [5]
> >
> https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimedia_Summit_2019/Registration_Information
> >
> > --
> > Michelle Poltier
> > Event Assistant
> >
> > Wikimedia Deutschland e. V. | Tempelhofer Ufer 23-24 | 10963 Berlin
> > Phone: +49 (0)30 219 158 26-0
> > https://wikimedia.de
> >
> > Imagine a world, in which every single human being can freely share in
> [...]

Cornelius Kibelka
Internationale Beziehungen | International Relations
Vorstandsteam | Office of the ED

Tel. (030) 219 158 26-0
http://wikimedia.de

http://spenden.wikimedia.de/

Körperschaften I Berlin, Steuernummer 27/029/42207