displaying a warning that there is a MITM which reads all passwords and
banking information sounds nice, yuri. there even seems to be ways to
detect this client-server side:
https://www.reddit.com/r/javascript/comments/7ldypq/is_it_possible_to_detect_mitm_by_javascript_in_a/
-
you mean something like this would do, yury?

george, the trusted root certificates would be configurable, usually, like
for chrome here:
https://support.securly.com/hc/en-us/articles/206081828-How-to-manually-install-the-Securly-SSL-certificate-in-Chrome
companies pay money to get into this list, so they can easier sell their
website certificates. closing down the list for sure leads to some
anti-trust legal action in other countries.

btw, recently there was a blog post from a developer in iran, saying the
same :
https://shahinsorkh.ir/2019/07/20/how-is-it-like-to-be-a-dev-in-iran

this had an even more surprising aspect - not only would the country block
access to some site - but sites itself decided to remove users having a
relationship with that country:
"Slack team, decided to join the sanctions. They simply deleted every
single user who they found out is Iranian! With no real prior notices! Many
people has lost their data on Slack and no one was going to do anything!"

rupert